What happens if I don’t pay?
Are you wondering what happens if you don’t pay one or more of your invoices? Here’s what you can expect...
Before we get to that
We’ll have sent several email reminders to you and any other other payment contacts added to your Elements account.
Cancelled a Direct Debit?
If a Direct Debit is cancelled with money still owing, this must be paid via an alternate method.
No longer work for the company?
If you no longer work for the company that you used our services for, we still expect to be paid.
A debt collection agency will be instructed
Your debt will be passed to a debt collection agency and they’ll send you a Letter Before Action (LBA) detailing the debts and extra fees owed.
Important! Extra fees become due at this point, these will be added to your debt.
- Interest at a rate of 8% + the Bank of England base rate.
- Debt recovery costs of between £40 – £100.
- Other ‘reasonable costs’ in recovering the debt including but not limited to the cost of instructing a debt collection agency.
Depending on the situation and/or amount owing, you or your company could be subject to one of the following...
- County Court Judgment (CCJ)
- Insolvency proceedings
- Winding up proceedings
How can I make payment?
To pay an invoice via credit or debit card, please follow these steps...
- Login to your Elements account.
- Click the 'gear icon' (top right).
- Go to Invoices.
- View the invoice in your browser by clicking on the INV number e.g. INV-2350.
- Click the green ‘Pay Now’ button (top left of the page).
Alternatively, if you have a PDF version of the invoice, click link ‘View and pay online now’ (find this just under the Visa and Mastercard logos).
I dispute the debt, what can I do?
If you wish to dispute the debt or you feel there is an error on your account, please contact us on 0330 808 1616 or email email@example.com as a matter of urgency.