How do transfer images from my mobile device to my computer?
Have you taken some shots on your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device and need to transfer them to your computer for uploading to Elements?
Via AirDrop (Apple only)
AirDrop is the best way to transfer files if you use an iPhone/iPad and iMac. Learn more about setting up AirDrop.
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Go to Albums > All Photos.
- Tap 'Select' (top right).
- Select all the images required.
- Tap the 'Share' icon (bottom left).
- Under 'Tap to share with Airdrop', select the person/computer to transfer the files to.
- The full resolution images will appear in the Downloads folder on your Apple computer.
Via WeTransfer on mobile (Any device or computer)
WeTransfer is a handy and free service to transfer files from any mobile device to a computer. Learn more about WeTransfer.
- On your iPhone/iPad, go to wetransfer.com.
- Tap 'Send a file' button.
- Tap '+' and select Photo Library.
- Tap 'All Photos'.
- Tap each photo to transfer (a tick will appear on each image).
- Tap 'Done' (top right)
- WeTransfer will open, scroll to the bottom and tap 'Next'.
- Tap 'Send an email'.
- In 'Email to' and 'Your email' enter your email address (it's ok if these are both the same).
- Tap 'Transfer'.
- Wait a few minutes then check your email inbox on your computer.
- On your computer, open the email with subject 'youremail sent you files via WeTransfer'
- Click the 'Get your files' button.
- In the browser window that opens, click 'Download'.
- The full resolution files will appear in your Downloads folder on your computer.