How does payment via Direct Debit work?
Are you looking for more info on how payment via Direct Debit works? This article contains all you need to know!
- Ideal for frequent clients wanting to automate their monthly payments.
- Payment is collected automatically on or close to the 15th of the month.
- Perfect if you want one payment each month for all orders placed in the month prior.
- Get one invoice showing all orders in the month prior.
- To set up a Direct Debit online in a couple of minutes click here.
There are no monthly subscription fees. If no orders are placed, no payment collected.
What are the benefits?
- Set up quickly online in a couple of minutes.
- Less admin work for you each month as payments are automatic.
- No payment reminders or risk of overdue invoices.
- You’re fully protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee.
How do I set up a Direct Debit?
- Click this link to set up a Direct Debit online in a couple of minutes.
- If you’re a company, we recommend setting it up using your company name (see here).
- You’ll get an email confirming it’s done. That’s it!Which Direct Debit provider do you use?
We use GoCardless who have processed over £3 billion worth of transactions for over 300,000 or organisations across the UK and Europe.
Will I get an invoice?
Yes, an invoice will be emailed on the 1st of the month for ALL orders placed in the month prior. If no orders have been placed, no payment will be due.
View all your invoices anytime in My account > Invoices.
What will show on my bank statement?
Will you email me about payments?
Yes, you’ll get an email 3 days before the payment is due to be collected so you can review it.
Do I need a separate Direct Debit mandate for each branch?
Yes. If you’re a multi-branch agency with separate Elements accounts for each branch, then a separate Direct Debit should be set up for each.
How do I check if I have a Direct Debit set up?
- Login to your Elements account.
- Go to My account > Billing > How do you want to pay?
- Make sure ‘Direct Debit’ is selected and click ‘Save changes’
- If you have a Direct Debit set up, you’ll see a message like this...
I’ve just set up a Direct Debit, can you collect payment for old invoices?
Yes. We can collect payment for invoices raised before the Direct Debit was set up. If you have old outstanding invoices, no further payment action is required from you.
How do I change the bank details of my Direct Debit?
You’ve got a couple of options for this, contact GoCardless, or cancel and set up a new one. Please see How do I change my Direct Debit details?
How do I cancel my Direct Debit?
Either cancel the Direct Debit with your bank, or, just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll cancel it right away.